Cerebral Palsy Attorney in Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Persistently championing CP victims and their families since 1964
A diagnosis of cerebral palsy is devastating. Parents are understandably angry and have so many questions about how and why the injury happened and who will help them take care of their child.
Washington, D.C. cerebral palsy attorney Joel M. Finkelstein helps provide answers. For nearly 50 years he has examined and pursued birth injury cases against doctors, nurses, midwives, anesthesiologists, and hospitals whose negligence has resulted in a child’s cerebral palsy. In general, cerebral palsy is a brain injury that causes muscle malfunctions, including—
Many factors can contribute to cerebral palsy
Attorney Finkelstein has experience handling CP claims resulting from a wide variety of negligent conduct:
- Delayed Cesarean section
- Delayed delivery
- Failure to account for Rh factor incompatibility—mother and baby had different blood types
- Failure to address prolonged labor
- Failure to detect and treat severe jaundice
- Failure to treat or prevent infection
- Improper or lack of response to fetal distress
- Improper response to baby’s low oxygen
- Improper use of forceps
- Incorrect vacuum extraction
- Use of excessive Pitocin to supplement or induce labor
One injury lawyer. Real solutions.
Contact the Law Offices of Joel Finkelstein in Washington, DC to see how an attorney with nearly five decades of injury law experience can help. The initial consultation is free. If Mr. Finkelstein takes your case, you only pay fees if he recovers money for you.